Sunday 23 January 2011

Back to the fort

Tower and clock, Our Lady and
the English Martyrs, Cambridge
I was very sad to leave my placement at Our Lady and the English Martyrs in Cambridge today. Alas, formation in the Seminary now needs to continue, and so all the seminarians have returned from their placements, and are gathering to celebrate Compline (night prayer) together in a short while.

Our second semester beings in earnest in the morning. For us second years, that means entering the lecture room a little before 9a.m., for an hour and a half of Greek, followed by an hour and a half of Philosophy of Religion.

I managed to say 'good-bye' to some of the community in Cambridge last night and this morning, before my return to Oscott. I was sad to leave, not just because of all the philosophy which awaited me upon my return, but because OLEM had, these past few weeks, become a home-from-home, thanks to the kindness of all the priests in the Rectory.

I'm sure I'll be making visits in the future!

And, of course, if you read this blog, which I doubt, thank you Rebus, for helping me to overcome my life-long cynophobia!

No comments: