Sunday 7 June 2009

Pilgrimage to Assisi



In 6 hours we will be on a bus to Heathrow, where we will get a plane for the Eternal City. After spending a day there, during which we will celebrate Mass in St Paul's and St Peter's basilicas (a fitting conclusion to the Year of St Paul), we will then drive to Assisi. 2009 marks 800 years since the de facto founding of the Franciscans, when 8 men joined St Francis in his life of religious poverty and evangelisation. It should be a wonderful pilgrimage for us. During that time we will be praying specifically for an increase in seminarians at Oscott, for men who are called to the priesthood to hear God's invitation and respond. Please join us in that intention! I will also remember those that read this blog while I am there.

Since we don't come back til the 12th, I want to point out that with the Year of the Priest starting on June 19th (Feast of the Sacred Heart), it would be worth praying a Sacred Heart novena for priests and those called to priesthood, starting on the 11th. Below is a short prayer that could be used as a novena...


Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart

O Lord Jesus Christ, to Your most Sacred Heart I confide this intention. [State your request.] Only look upon me, then do what Your love inspires. Let Your Sacred Heart decide . . . I count on You . . . I trust in You . . . I throw myself on Your mercy. Lord Jesus, You will not fail me.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in you.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Your love for me.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, Your kingdom come.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I have asked You for many favors, but I earnestly implore this one. Take it, place it in Your open Heart. When the Eternal Father looks upon it, He will see it covered with Your Precious Blood. It will be no longer my prayer but Yours, Jesus.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in You. Let me not be disappointed. Amen.

No comments: