Saturday 28 February 2009

Meditation on Heaven

Today's excerpt from the Devout Life:

Jesus Christ, from heaven above, looks down upon you in his loving-kindness and invites you sweetly: Come, O my dear soul, to the eternal repose in the arms of my goodness, which has prepared immortal delights for thee in the abundance of it love. Behold with the eyes of your spirit the holy Virgin who constrains you with a mother's love: Courage, do not despise the desires of my Son, nor so many sighs which I breathe for thee, since together with him I ardently long for thy eternal salvation. Behold the saints who exort you, and a million holy souls who constrain you gently, only desiring one day to see your heart united to theirs, to praise God forever, and assuring you that the road to Heaven is not so difficult as the world declares it to be...

No comments: