Tuesday 14 October 2008

College Feast Day

Today is our college feast day: Our Lady Seat of Wisdom. The seminarians were busy all of yesterday preparing - that meant decorating the chapel, polishing the vessels for Mass, running through the liturgy and practising the music. We began this morning with sung morning prayer after meditation, and then at 11.30 Mass was celebrated by the Archbishop with over 40 guests in attendance, including many past Oscotian priests. The schola sang Elgar's beautiful setting of the Ave Maria. Then we had a splendid lunch. I must say I'm rather full now, as I'm still recovering from a Chinese buffet dinner to which four East Anglian priests treated us when they came up last night! So I worked it off by playing a gruelling match of badminton with one of my peers. A wonderful day to celebrate the life of the seminary, but also to turn to Mary as the one who leads us to her Son, who is Wisdom itself.

No comments: